Last Updated October 3, 2022
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 We collect your personal information when you provide it to us (e.g. when you subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback, or send us a support request). Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Fist name and last name
1.2 Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of information about you from other sources (in particular, third party service providers like Google and/or Facebook). There’s certain information is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity.
2.1 We use “Cookies” and similar technologies to identify the areas of our website that you have visited. A Cookie is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser.
Tracking technologies also used are tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service. The cookies we use are all necessary for the proper function of the Service (the “cookies”). The cookies used may be necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the Service, to improve the functioning of the Service and to personalize them, to measure traffic and use of the Service, and for personalized marketing. Cookies may be temporary or permanent depending on how long they are used. Temporary cookies are deleted when the browser is closed, permanent cookies remain on the user’s device for a predefined period of time. In some cases we use third party cookies.
2.3 You can also instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you refuse all cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
2.4 Categories of Cookies we use:
- Necessary cookies. Necessary cookies are essential for proper functioning of our Service. Unlike other cookies, we use these cookies without your consent.
- Functional cookies. Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
- Analytics cookies. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- Performance cookies. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
- Advertisement cookies. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 We will use the information that we collect about you for the various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service and/or Products;
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To provide customer support and improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To detect, prevent and solve technical issues;
- To protect us from piracy and unlawful use of our Products and/or Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service and/or Products;
- To gather analytics to improve our Service and/or Products (we continually strive to improve our Services and Products offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To provide you with news, special offers and/or general information about other products and services which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- Marketing/Promotional /Targeted advertising;
- To enforce our legal claims.
3.2 If we want to use your information for any other purpose, we will ask you for consent and will use your information only on receiving your consent and then, only for the purpose(s) for which grant consent unless we are required to do otherwise by law.
4. LICENSING SYSTEM OF OUR EXTENSIONS. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA
4.1 Part of our Products that work as an extension for After Effects and/or Premiere Pro has a licensing system. That is, you can use the Product only after activating the license using a license key.
4.2 For the correct operation of the licensing system, certain personal data is required that is necessary to identify the uniqueness of the user’s computer. In particular, we collect the following data: mac address, operating system (OS), OS username, OS machine name, country, city, IP address, email, After Effects (or Premiere Pro) version.
4.3 We receive this data only when you click on the activation button in the extension. We request this data through the After Effects or Premiere Pro API. Our extensions do not have access to other information on the computer as these only work inside After Effects and Premiere Pro and have a limited scope.
4.4 This personal data is stored on a secure server and is used only for the licensing system and nowhere else. We do not share this data with anyone and do not use it for any other purpose than the licensing system.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
5.2 The Company may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract/license agreement with you;
- You have given us a consent to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights;
- To comply with the law.
5.3 The legitimate interests of The Company are:
- Operation and security of our Service and Products;
- Improvement of our Service and Products;
- Prevention of damages, fraud and other violations of legal and/or contractual provisions (piracy and unlawful use of our Service and Products);
- Legal protection, detection of offenders, enforcement of claims;
- Providing information within direct marketing to our existing clients (news, special offers and general information about other products, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that the client has already purchased or enquired about unless he/she has opted not to receive such information).
6. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 We will not transfer your personal information to any third party without seeking your consent, except in limited circumstances as described below:
- Ad services
6.2 We require such third party’s to use the personal information we transfer to them only for the purpose for which it was transferred and not to retain it for longer than is required for fulfilling the said purpose.
7. TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
8. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
8.2 In case the processing of your personal data is based on consent, your personal data will be processed only for the duration of the consent. Residual anonymous information and aggregate information, neither of which identifies you (directly or indirectly), may be stored indefinitely.
9. THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
9.1 We may use third parties to help operate our website, deliver products and services, and may share your personally information with our service providers, vendors, suppliers, and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this Service (such as website or database hosting companies, authentication providers, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf). Unless otherwise stated, these companies do not have any right to use the personally information we provide to them beyond what is necessary for them to assist us.
9.2 Gumroad is a self-publishing digital marketplace platform to sell digital services such as books, memberships, courses and other digital services. It is a reliable platform with all security standards and payment processing through PayPal and Stripe.
We use this platform to distribute our products. Therefore, the creation of accounts and payment for products takes place through this platform. For more information regarding the processing of personal data by Gumroad and your rights, you should read its terms and conditions at https://gumroad.com/terms and https://gumroad.com/privacy
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
9.4 We have a YouTube account where we publish our videos and/or tutorials. By visiting our website, starting a video or clicking on the YouTube icon, the social network operator may store the data collected about you and use it for its own advertising, market research and/or customisation of its services and tools. If you have a user profile on YouTube and do not wish to be associated with your profile, you must log out before activating the YouTube button. YouTube is operated by Google LLC (USA).
For more information regarding the processing of personal data by the social network operator and your rights, you should read its terms and conditions at https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy
Meta Pixel (formerly Facebook Pixel)
For more information regarding the processing of personal data by Facebook and your rights, you should read its terms and conditions at https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
9.6 Mailchimp is an email delivery service offered by The Rocket Science Group LLC (USA). We use Mailchimp for sending news and marketing emails. For more information regarding the processing of personal data by Mailchimp and your rights, you should read its terms and conditions at https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/
9.7 Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer support software. We use Freshdesk to communicate and resolve issues with users of our products. For more information regarding the processing of personal data by Freshdesk and your rights, you should read its terms and conditions at https://www.freshworks.com/privacy/
10. YOUR RIGHTS
10.1 Depending on the law that applies, you may have a right to access and rectify or erase your personal data or receive a copy of your personal data, restrict or object to the active processing of your personal data, which is based on one of our legitimate interests. We shall no longer process the personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. To exercise these rights, you can contact us through our private Help Desk system.
10.2 If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes. You can opt-out from receiving marketing emails easily by following an unsubscribe link included with each email.
10.3 Do note that if you do not allow us to collect or process the required personal information or withdraw the consent to process the same for the required purposes, you may not be able to access or use the services for which your information was sought.
11. THIRD PARTY LINKS & USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
12.1 Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). The Company does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 (“Children”). If you are under the age of 18, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
13.1 The security of your information is important to us and we will use reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of your information under our control. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee absolute security.
15. Contact Us