AinTrailers v3.2 has received a number of changes and improvements in the character templates and the AinTrailers Characters Assistant plugin for working with characters. All changes are made based on collected feedback from users. And these are definitely useful improvements.
Changes to the structure of character templates
Updates in the character structure are intended to solve typical difficulties or cases that users have written to us about. We managed to solve common difficulties and improve the work with characters. Changes and improvements will be listed below, but please keep in mind that version 3.2 characters should only be used with version 3.2 plugin
Starting with version 3.2, sliders for changing the shape of the palms (“Hand-Right”, “Hand-Left”) have been removed from the settings control layer (“AinTrailers-Control__”). Options have been ported directly to hand controllers (“C_hand-R”, “C_hand-L”).
Hand controllers now contain useful options to make working with character animations more convenient. The purpose of the new options is described below.
1. “Behind the Body” option – is designed to place the entire arm behind the body. With just one click, you can change the position of the entire arm, including when combining animations. In previous versions this was not possible, especially for combining, as it was necessary to manually change the position of the three layers.
2. “Hand Design” option – is designed to change the design of the palm. In previous versions, this option was on the control layer with settings.
3. “Flip hand-R (L)” option – is designed to reflect the palm horizontally. Previously, this option was not available.
Foot controllers now contain useful option that solves a common problem experienced by many users.
1. “Flip foot-R (L)” option – is designed to reflect the foot in the opposite direction. Now, thanks to this option, this can be done in one click and does not require any additional actions. In previous versions of the toolkit (up to 3.1), this took a significant amount of time, and besides, it was impossible to combine animations with different foot positions.
AinTrailers Character Assistant changes
Plugin received targeted changes based on frequent situations that users encountered. Please keep in mind that plugin version 3.2 is intended to work with characters from update 3.2, as this is done under the updated structure in characters.
1. Added a special “Transfer Head-Face” button. Using a character builder from the main character templates, you can generate a unique look of the character, in particular the head (head shape, nose, eyes, ears, hairstyle, beard, mustache) and save this as a design preset. Then you can transfer this design preset of the head to the selected character from a special pack (special characters or medical characters).
1. The animations tab has received a very convenient and useful feature – automatic character type detection if the user forgot to select the type in “Character Actor” field. That is, when you apply animation to, for example, a “Male Character B” with a selected “Male Character A”, the plugin will automatically detect this and switch the character type to “Male Character B”.
2. Added an additional “Animation SubCategory” field. This is necessary for ease of navigation through the character animations as the 3.2 update received 500 animations. Moreover, these 500 animations consist of over 1000 presets, because one animation can have several phases.
3. Removed “Insert Default Pose” button, since now almost all animations have a phase with a default pose.
4. The “Save Animation” button has been moved to the animations tab. Now you can save your custom animation without switching to another tab.
1. Added an additional “Facial Expression SubCategory” field. AinTrailers v3.2 update received 260+ emotions for pre-made character animations, so subcategories are essential for better navigation through animation categories.
2. The “Save Emotion” button has been moved to the emotions tab. Now you can save your custom emotion without switching to another tab.
1. Added two buttons (“Turn OFF Vector”, “Turn ON Vector”). You can temporarily disable vector quality for all character components, which will slightly improve performance when viewing character animations.